1. What is the scope of the AVGC Industry in India?
The Animation, Gaming, Visual Effects and Comics (AVGC) industry is $1 trillion global business. Digital media is exploding in India faster than any other country. India’s animation, gaming, visual effects, and comics industry is expanding at a phenomenal pace and is expected to be worth $43.9 billion by 2024. Animation and visual effects in India grew by whopping 56% and gaming by 45% in 2021-22. As India becomes a new global center for digital production, the industry is looking for higher-skilled and international-quality creative artists who can produce cutting-edge original content.
AVGC has also been discussed in the Union Budget 2022 tabled by the Hon’ble Finance Minister of India and visions to create a taskforce which aims to create 20 lakh jobs in the industry. These are critical skills for the growth of the metaverse and India is poised to take advantage of this ecosystem.
2. What are the career opportunities in AVGC?
AVGC is a progressive career option and pays well compared to other sectors. After the completion of the program, you can become a highly skilled professional and choose to take up a career in the related field.
On successfully completing a program in Animation, Visual Effects & Game development, one could become an expert and take up a career in one of the many following options:
3D/2D Animator, Character Designer, BG Artist, 2D Illustrator, 3D Modeler, 3D Dynamics & FX Artist, 3D Game Artist, Rendering Artist, VFX Artist, VFX Compositor, Rotomation Artist, Video Editor, Storyboard Artist, and many others.
3. What are the different courses available at EDGE?
EDGE provides various courses in AVGC. You can check out the detailed information on the following link – https://pearledge.com/course-listing/
4. What is the duration of the program and class timings?
5. Will the student have to bring his/her own laptop/machine? What is the minimum configuration that the system would need to run the software properly? What are the different software required and will the student have to purchase the software separately?
6. What is the eligibility criteria for a student to enroll for the program?
7. What is the fee structure? Does a student have an option to pay in installments?
8. Is there any loan assistance available?
Yes, our student counsellors can assist you with a loan grant with our empaneled NBFC partner at a very nominal interest rate. Please get in touch with your respective student counsellor for further information regarding the same.
9. What all campuses is the course available in? Can a student opt for an online learning module as well?
10. What is the study material required for the program? Will it be provided by the academy or does a student buy it on his own?
11. Where is the EDGE certificate affiliated to? Will there be any exam conducted to avail the certificate? What are the minimum marks required to clear the exam?
12. Is the EDGE certificate recognized across the globe?
Yes, EDGE visions to provide world class education in the related fields of AVGC industry along with its affiliation partners, Trazos & IAMAG Classes which are recognized across the globe.
13. What are the placements which will be provided after the completion of the course? Will the academy help in placements / training?
EDGE has an active placement department that will assist all students with placements. A student also must note that the quality of his/her placement does not depend on the marks obtained but on the quality of his/her portfolio project.
14. Are there any courses available for working professionals?
Yes, if you’re a busy working professional and wish to learn the program as a hobby, you could opt for our Bootcamp courses in Computer graphics, Unreal Engine or Motion graphics which would be conducted throughout the week.
15. Will the student get an opportunity to travel to Trazos school in Madrid for an international exposure? If yes, what is the cost involved and what all would it include?
Once the Pandemic is over and travels restriction are totally removed, we will examine this possibility, however students who wish to study in Spain should be able to speak Spanish to understand the programs taught by international faculty.
16. Is the program suitable for people who don’t have any prior knowledge in AVGC industry?
Yes, our programs will be taught from scratch and aims to cover all related topics in the program you have chosen to pursue. The program will cover from basics to advanced level module and will help you become a proficient individual and take up a career of your choice.
17. Is the program suitable for people who already have prior knowledge and they wish to pursue an advanced course in any related field?
Our courses have a unique proposition and covers thorough knowledge in the program of your choice. Even if one has prior knowledge in the chosen topic, he/she could choose to upskill themselves and learn from one of the best faculty in the world. One could pursue our 9 months Master certificate course as that would give the student a deep insight into the related program and help in advancing his/her skills and learn the latest techniques & trends in the fields of AVGC.
18. Do you provide any help/back up classes for students who miss out on their classes due to School/College exams or sickness?
Our faculty will help you cover up if you miss up to a couple of classes. However, if the absence is persistent, the student will not be able to catch up the curriculum as it is progressing, and the student will have to attend the classes in the next batch (subject to seat availability).
19. Is there any option to take demo classes?
Yes, we would be delighted to accommodate you to attend a class as an observer to understand how the programs will be conducted. We will also be hosting online workshops / events on a regular basis which you could attend to understand our courses better.
20. Will the academy offer any help in portfolio preparation, or if the student needs portfolios to be submitted for placements on their behalf?
21. Does a student have an option to pursue multiple programs simultaneously?